How much do your services cost?

The price of the return varies based on the forms required and the type of return. Since I work out of my home, I have a much lower overhead than bigger tax prep companies and I pass those savings along to you. I have seen national chain locations charge as much as 50%-100% more than my fees. Please contact me and I will be happy to give you an estimate.

What are your hours?

I do not have set office hours. I am available just about any time of day by appointment. That means nights and weekends. Pick-up and drop-off service is also available.

I have always done my own taxes, why should I go to you?

I am very passionate about my business and I could give a very detailed answer and cite many examples of why you should have me do your taxes. The best short answer is that while you may only think about tax time once a year, I spend the entire year following the tax code changes as well as furthering my knowledge with continuing education credits. You can reach me all year long and ask me questions during preparation or throughout the year. That is not something you can say about a box of software or a tax season only storefront.

Also, wouldn't you rather spend your time doing something you want to do rather than spending hours upon hours reading tax law and hoping that you are entering numbers in the right places hoping you don't miss something? I am confident you will find me to be knowledgeable, honest, friendly, confident, and very willing to meet your tax needs.

What is an Enrolled Agent (EA)?

An enrolled agent is a person who has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service. Enrolled agents, like attorneys and certified public accountants (CPAs), are unrestricted as to which taxpayers they can represent, what types of tax matters they can handle, and which IRS offices they can represent clients before.

Enrolled Agents have passed a three-part, comprehensive IRS exam covering individual and business returns. They must adhere to ethical standards and complete 72 hours of continuing education courses every three years. EAs have unlimited practice rights before the IRS, which means they can represent clients for any tax matter.

Learn more about Enrolled Agents.

Why choose you, an Enrolled Agent (EA), over a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)?

Not all CPAs are tax-focused. Many CPAs will spend most of their time working on financial statements, audits and financial reviews. Other CPAs at larger firms may focus strictly on large business accounts. By contrast most EAs focus exclusively on tax law and will have deeper knowledge of tax preparation and planning. No matter whom you happen to choose, make sure the practitioner you engage is qualified and experienced in your type of return. Also, make sure your tax professional has the required PTIN to be allowed to prepare tax returns for compensation.

I have a complicated situation, how do you handle it?

I am always looking for ways to increase my knowledge. While your situation may be complicated, it might be something I have come across before or will again in the future. If I do not know the answer immediately, I will find it. I have a network of other EAs, CPAs and tax professionals as well as the IRS and Wisconsin Department of Revenue help lines at my finger tips.

How long does it take to process returns?

The type and complexity of the return can factor into this answer, as well as the time of year. My goal is to have your return back to you in a week or less.

Can you e-file my return?

Yes, I do e-file returns at no extra charge.

When do I get my refund?

A typical refund comes in 7-10 business days.

To check the status of your refund:

IRS - Where's my refund and / or Wisconsin - Refund status

What happens if there is an error?

While I do have proper precautions in place to catch any errors before filing, occasionally a mistake will occur. I stand by my work and will fix any error at no additional cost. I will cover any interest or penalty as a result of my mistake.

I received a letter from the IRS / Department of Revenue. What should I do?

First of all, do not panic. Many times the agency will send you a letter notifying you of a change to your account. The best plan is to contact me first so we can pinpoint the problem and come up with a plan before contacting the agency. Using the correct language in addressing the situation can be critical in getting a favorable response. 


Unanswered Questions

Please send your questions to: